Boys & Girls Clubs programs help youth develop the attitudes, skills, values and behaviors that enable them to succeed in life. Each Club features:
- Fun, Safe, Positive Environments – Boys & Girls Clubs aim to create a strong sense of belonging for its members, making each Club feel welcoming and inviting. It's important to provide stability, consistency and a sense of physical and emotional safety.
- Power Hour – The first hour after school is designated for completing homework, helping members develop good study habits.
- Evening Meals – Nutritious meals and snacks served daily.
- Supportive Relationships – Staff members and volunteers serve as mentors who teach Boys & Girls Club members how to respect and appreciate others, as well as provide them with guidance through their interactions.
- Recognition for Members – Each Boys & Girls Club supports its members' self-worth by providing them with positive reinforcement and by showcasing their achievements.
From early literacy to community involvement, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee programs tackle the tough issues Milwaukee's youth encounter.